Saturday, August 4, 2012

Getting the Go-Ahead - Cell Phones in my Classroom!

This week I got the "OK" from my principal to officially pilot a limited "bring your own device" program in my classroom this year! I allowed students to use their smart phones in class last year if they had them, mostly to supplement my meager supply of 10 dictionaries, but now that I have explicit permission to run a pilot with the purpose of collecting data for the rest of the school, I'm excited to explore all the possibilities!

Incidentally, I led a session at MERIT earlier this summer on cell phone use in the classroom. Feel free to check out my presentation below and share your thoughts/ideas in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, that is so exciting! Have you ever read The Daring Librarian? She has a lot of GREAT ideas for bringing technology into the library/working with what the kids know and do on a regular basis rather than working against it. Almost all of the ideas would be great in the classroom too.

    ReplyDelete